Friday, May 24, 2013

Windy weather photography.

Apparently having to stop every few minutes to take a photo is a bit annoying.

Well my other half has had to put up with this for quite a few years now. You'd think he would be used to it.

I wanted to take some pictures of the sea this morning as we have reached the time of year when Wellington lives up to its windy city reputation. The following pictures are the result of a very breezy walk along the seafront this morning. I was accompanied by much moaning and lots of impatient sighs every time I paused - so the results are not quite what I hoped for.


I think the pictures still convey just how cold and breezy it was this morning. So I guess I can understand some of the moaning.


Even the seagulls were having trouble in the wind.


Still lots of people about braving the elements, and the odd Oyster Catcher.


Lot's of these birds as well. I have no idea what they're called.


A trip to Cafe Vella cheered everyone up. Great food and a good selection of songs on their playlists.


Great sausage rolls!


Also want their teapots. Something else I am going to keep an eye out for in the charity shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment