Saturday, July 20, 2013

Grey and misty walks

We took Ted for a walk in Queen Elizabeth Park today. We have had bright sunny weather for the past two days and then as soon as the weekend arrived the cloud and mist descended.

It did lead to some rather cool colours in the sky today. Everything turned an ominous grey green colour and so I took my camera along and tried to capture the eerie atmosphere.


The tops of the hills remained shrouded in mist all morning. 


I love the colours and textures on these hills. They look almost furry in this photo.


Couldn't even see Kapiti Island this morning.


The girls and I decided that goblins and fairies inhabit this tree. It just has that magical look about it.

 

1 comment:

  1. Sounded very scary from here in Auckland! Had to remind my Englishman that living in NZ means being acquainted with your emergency response know-how! Hope you don't mind me commenting here but I've been trying to get a hold of you to invite you to the Parents Online NZ BlogCamp in Wellington that I'm running on 31st August 2013. I couldn't find your email address on the blog so thought I could pop the link and details here. If you'd like to read more about it you can do so on the event listing here - https://www.eventbrite.co.nz/event/7826119133 or connect with me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/Vegemitevix Cheers Vicki

    ReplyDelete